Puff puff is one snack that people love to eat at home and at events. Ghanaians call this snack Bofrot (togbei), Cameroonians and Nigerians call it puff puff or beignet in French.
The basic ingredients are flour, sugar, yeast, water, salt and oil for deep frying. It is an easy and quick recipe to make and will quickly become one of your favourite snacks.
Below is a simple way of making mouth-watering puff puff.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 tsp. instant yeast
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of warm water
Yay Or Nay: Food Just Got A Little More Technologically Advanced
Top Six Nigerian Food Recipes For Date Night
Every Day Will Be Skin Glow Day When You Eat These Healthy Foods
- Sift the flour to get rid of any unwanted particles and also to loosen it.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with a spatula.
- Gradually add warm water and mix together with the other dry ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a warm place i.e. your oven or microwave. Leave it to rise for about 45 minutes. It should double in size. If the mixture doesn’t rise, it means something is wrong with your yeast. Preferably, use instant yeast so you don’t need to soak it in water first; just add to the flour.
- Pour vegetable oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Now scoop the mixture with your measuring spoon (1 tbsp. scoop) into the pan of oil
- Fry in small batches. Flip it once it starts to brown until it is a nice golden brown all over.
- Transfer from the pan to another bowl to drain the oil.
As it is often said “practice makes perfect”, so why not try making this snack this weekend?
Make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.