Twitter is one of the coolest apps according to millennials. It is especially so now that everyone is trying to boycott Instagram and Facebook because of privacy and safety. Twitter seems to be the social media app to go to. The fact that the app is more text-based also makes it the place intellectuals can go to make threads about smart things. But there are many reasons why you need to find out how to protect your Twitter account.
***Plat4om giveaway: Check the picture at the end for a surprise.***
Twitter can be an outlet for opportunities for a lot of people. People have made business connections and gotten job offers from the app. This also means that people have lost jobs and relationships from the comments they made on the app. Kevin Hart lost the chance to host the Oscars because of a comment he made on the app years ago. This sort of makes Twitter a big deal.
If you have opinions that you know can be seen as very controversial, it may be worth you keeping your account private. Keeping a private account means that you have control over who sees your post. Whatever you post will be seen only by those you grant permission to follow you.
Doing this is very easy. You can either do it on your desktop or your mobile.
To go private on desktop
- First, go to www.twitter.com and log into your account.
- Now click on the notification tab on the left of the screen and look for the small icon on the right of it.
- Once you click that, it will take you to the Settings page.
- Under your username, you will find the Privacy and Safety menu which will reveal a list of the options.
- Now go to Protect Your Tweets.
- Click on the popup that asks you to confirm that you would like to go private.
- To finalise it, click Save Changes at the bottom of the page and follow the prompting to type in your password.
- Launch the Twitter app and go to the right of the Twitter search bar at the top of the screen.
- Go to the cog (the Settings symbol) on the right of the search bar at the top of the screen to go to account settings.
- Now go to Privacy and Safety under the username.
- Slide the bar next to Protect Your Tweets.
- Once it turns green, it means that the feature has been activated and the tweets have been protected.
- After you tap Done, the tweets have now been protected.
Only people that already follow you and new people that you now permit to follow you will now be able to see your tweets.