Yamgizdodo Is The Real Deal: Here’s How To Prepare This Yummy Meal
Yamgizdodo recipe is similar to the Nigerian gizdodo, but this time, it is a yummy fusion of chicken gizzard, fried plantain, fried yam, and spicy tomato/pepper stew. Yamgizdodo is delicious and filling, making it a full meal rather than a side dish.
Wondering how to make this meal? below are the ingredients you would need and the step by step process.
- 1 Small yam.
- Vegetable oil.
- 2 Ripe plantains.
- 1 Red, yellow and green peppers.
- 2 Red bell peppers.
- 3 Medium tomatoes,
- 2 Onions
- 1 Scotch bonnet
- 2 Seasoning cubes
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1Teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Blend the whole red bell peppers, tomatoes, scotch bonnet, and one onion till smooth or semi-smooth and set aside.
- Chop the sweet peppers and one onion and set aside. Also, chop the yam into big size pieces, add 4-5 tablespoons of water, season with one seasoning cube and set aside.
- Clean and chop the gizzard into bite-size pieces, season with salt, one seasoning cube, onions, thyme, and curry powder. Cook till soft.
- When the gizzard is well cooked, fry till golden brown.
- Chop the plantain into bite-size pieces, then fry till golden brown and set aside.
– What You Need To Know About The New Yam Festival Celebrated By The Igbos
– Learn How To Prepare Ewa-Agoyin With These Few Steps
– Tired Of Sunday Rice? Five Delicious Meals To Cook Instead
- Now fry the yam properly by adding water to the oil.
- Fry till it’s well cooked. This should take 5-6 minutes. Leave to drain in a colander.
- For the sauce, pour 1.5 cooking spoon vegetable oil into a wok or deep pan and place on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add chopped onions, saute till translucent, then add the blended peppers, thyme, curry powder, one seasoning cube and salt to taste. Fry for 10-12 minutes. Be sure to stir every now and then to prevent burning.
- After 10-13 minutes, add the chopped peppers and fry for a for 3 more minutes.
- Then, add the fried gizzard, the fried yam, stir and combine. Leave to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fried plantain and cook for a minute. Don’t cook for too long so the plantain does not become soggy.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.