Multiple award-winning singer Beyonce, alongside Nigerian afrobeats star Wizkid, Saint JHN, and Blue Ivy have been nominated for the Best Musical Moment category at the 2021 MTV Movie and TV Awards.
Announcing the nomination MTV tweeted, “@Beyonce @SAINtJHN @wizkidayo CONGRATULATIONS 🤎 “Brown Skin Girl” from Black Is King is nominated for Best Musical Moment at the #MTVAwards! Vote on @MTV’s Instagram Story starting TUESDAY!”
@Beyonce @SAINtJHN @wizkidayo CONGRATULATIONS 🤎 “Brown Skin Girl” from Black Is King is nominated for Best Musical Moment at the #MTVAwards! Vote on @MTV’s Instagram Story starting TUESDAY! pic.twitter.com/QsFqyBd7eo
— Movie & TV Awards (@MTVAwards) May 7, 2021
Other nominees in the category are;
- The Kissing Booth 2, “Lost in the Wild” (Elle & Marco’s Dance Competition Performance)
- Love & Monsters, “Stand by Me” (Mav1s & Joel watch the Sky Jellies)
- To All The Boys: Always and Forever, “Beginning Middle End” (Peter & Lara Jean’s Song)
- Bridgerton, “Wildest Dreams” (Daphne & Simon’s Honeymoon Phase)
- Cobra Kai, “I Wanna Rock” (Miguel & Johnny at a Dee Snider Concert)
- Julie and the Phantoms, “Edge of Great”
- WandaVision, “Agatha All Along”
–Burna Boy Wins Grammy With “Twice As Tall” As Wizkid Bags Win With “Brown Skin Girl”
–Wizkid Bags NAACP Award For The Second Time
–Wizkid Recounts How He Started Starboy Entertainment From His Living Room
In March, Wizkid also picked up a Grammy in the Best Music Video for his song with Beyoncé; “Brown Skin Girl”, from “Lion King: The Gift album.”
The afrobeats superstar received a Grammy statuette for this collaboration as the rule provides that the artist — or artists—- get a gramophone each for their work.
“Brown Skin Girl” has also won the BET awards and two Soul Train awards.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE<