Google has made Its YouTube Music app available on wear OS, but it’s currently only available for Samsung new watches. Subscribers of the platform can now enjoy its services using the recently announced galaxy watches.
The Galaxy Watch 4 is the only smartwatch that supports the new app currently, according to Google. Users can now download and listen to songs, even without an internet connection.
Here’s Google says it can be done.
To get started, download the YouTube Music app to your Samsung watch powered by Wear OS:
- Open the Google Play Store on your watch.
- Search for YouTube Music.
- Select the YouTube Music app to start downloading it to your device.
- Once the app is installed, sign in to your YouTube Music account to start listening to music.
Simply, connect to a Bluetooth accessory, control playback and manage songs all from your wrist. Sadly, Samsung new watches won’t be available until tomorrow 27th August 2021.
– Google Now Lets Developers Make Their Own Wear OS Tiles
– Spotify Is Currently Rolling Out Offline Playback On Its Wear OS App
– YouTube Premium Members Are Eligible For 3 Months Of Free Stadia Pro
In other news, Spotify is currently rolling out offline playbacks for its wear OS app. Its smartwatch app needed an internet connection to be able to listen to songs.
Wear OS, Google’s proprietary smartwatch OS recently adopted by Samsung watch 4 has been gaining loads of waves. Spotify earlier promised the offline playback feature on August 11th.
Although, to enjoy Spotify’s offline playback you need to be at least on Wear OS 2.0 or newer. And, the feature is only available for its premium subscribers.
Here’s how Spotify says its premium users can have the feature.
- From your watch, find the music and podcasts you want to download on your watch.
- Tap “Download to watch.”
- To check on the progress, head over to the Downloads section on your watch.
- Once the selected playlists, albums, or podcasts in your library are downloaded, you’ll see a little green arrow next to their names.
- Connect your headphones and start listening, no matter where you are!
Wear OS is gaining so much attention from developers. It soon will be the go-to operating system for smartwatches, hence the Love.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.