Twitter Blue is a subscription service that gets users ‘exclusive features and perks,’ and it has been active since June 2021.
Likely, you found yourself here after Elon Musk’s Tweet of Twitter Blue users getting an automatic verification badge. Or, curiosity got the better of you. Regardless, Twitter Blue is a service that you should know about.
A little background: for years, Twitter has struggled to make money from its platform. While it makes a couple of billions, its revenue is a long way from what Facebook and others make. To keep investors happy, the company decided to launch a subscription service in the middle of 2021.
“…a free Twitter is not going away, and never will,” the company had said in a blog post announcing the service. Likely, this was to appease worried Twitter users.
However, while you can continue to use the platform’s free version, the perks of the paid version are quite mouthwatering. Here are a few of the features that make it different from the regular thing.
– How to integrate Bitly with WordPress and shorten links to your posts
– Samsung and Oppo collaborate to make chipsets better than Apple’s A series
– Key specs of Samsung Galaxy A54 5G revealed as renders leak.
Features of Twitter Blue
1. It has a Bookmark Folder feature that lets you arrange saved Tweets in ways that you can find them easily.
2. You get a customisable timer of up to 30 seconds to Undo a Tweet that you have just sent and you can preview your posts too before posting.
3. The Reader Mode gets read of ‘noise’ and it is especially good for reading long threads in a seamless manner; like one long article.
4. You get Customisable app icons for your device’s home screen and colourful themes while using the app.
5. Twitter Blue users will also enjoy a dedicated subscription customer support, which likely means that their queries will be attended to first.
The company says that its initial features are based on popular demand, and the service was first rolled out for Canadian and Australian users. At launch, Twitter Blue cost $3.49 CAD or $4.49 AUD. Later, the subscription service became available in the US and New Zealand.
While it is not ad-free, subscribers can read articles without ads if it is from publishers within the Twitter Blue Publisher Network. If you live in any of the countries above, you can get started by:
- going to your Profile menu
- choosing Twitter Blue (if you see it, it means it is available in your region)
- pick a subscription plan.
You can get answers to other questions about the service here.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.