Stewed seafood okra recipe is a delicious Nigerian okra soup dish. It is simply a fusion of okra, seafood, and spicy pepper sauce that is really easy to prepare. If you tired of eating the conventional okra soup and want something new, then this delicacy is what you should prepare.
Below are the ingredients and step-by-step process you need to prepare this meal.
- 40 Pieces of okra
- 1 Big tilapia
- 6-8 Crab
- 3 Cups of prawns
- 1 Cooking spoon palm oil
- Seafood Stock
- 1 Red bell Pepper ( Tatashe)
- 3 Scotch bonnet (Atarodo)
- 1 Big onion
- 2-3 pieces of stockfish
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Crayfish
- 2 Tablespoon of locust Beans (Iru)
- Seasoning cube
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- First, properly scrub and clean your crab and prawns. Then, marinate the crabs, prawns, and fish. To marinate the crab claws, crack the shells in one of two places, this is so the marinade can penetrate well.
- Then mix some seasoning with salt and garlic powder, and keep them the fridge overnight. Do the same with the fish as this is quite necessary if you’re cooking Tilapia. Tilapia is quite bland and almost naturally tasteless.
- When you’re ready to cook, blend the tatashe, two rodo, and 1/2 of the onion till smooth and set aside.
- Wash the okra thoroughly, blend or grate roughly.
- Get a big size pot, set on a hob on medium heat, add the chopped onions, sauté till fragrant. Then add the locust beans and 1 tablespoon crayfish, sauté for a minute. Next, add the blended pepper, seasoning cube and fry for 10-12 minutes.
- Get another pot, add 3 cups of water, chopped onions, add salt, garlic powder, and your other seasoning, and allow to boil. Add the stockfish and cook for 5 minutes or until the stockfish become slightly tender, by then it would have released some flavour into the stock. Taste your stock as it needs to be well seasoned if you haven’t got chicken or beef stock available, you’ll be using the stock later. When it’s tender, add the crab claws and cook for 7 minutes.
– Tired Of Sunday Rice? Five Delicious Meals To Cook Instead
– Five Meal Planning Techniques For Those On A Budget
– These 13 Foods Will Make You Happy
- After 7 minutes, add the rest of the seafood and crayfish, cook for 5 minutes. After 3 minutes, pour the cooked seafood into a colander and set the stock aside.
- When the pepper sauce has fried and oil has settled on the top, add 2-3 cups of the chicken/ beef/ seafood stock and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Now add the marinated fish and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take the fish out so they don’t break during the next step and add the okra. Stir vigorously to combine. This is so you can control the thickness of the soup. Combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked fish back into the soup, also add the cooked seafood, stir and combine but be careful not to break the fish, cook for 3-4 minutes and it’s ready. Serve with your favourite swallow or eat it just on its own.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.