Shrimp Fried Rice is basically making fried Rice with Shrimps instead of using Chicken, Beef, or other types of protein.
Shrimp Fried rice is not your everyday delicacy, the taste is different so much you can’t get enough of it.
If the only fried rice recipe is the one made with Chicken, then now is the time to step up your culinary skills with Shrimp Fried rice.
Bear in mind that the process of making this delicacy is totally different from your everyday fried rice.
Below are the ingredients and step by step process you need to prepare this delicacy.
— 4 cups of Long Grain Rice
— Vegetable Oil
— 3 Cups Chicken/Beef Stock
— 200gms Peeled Shrimps/ Prawns
— Raw Chicken/Beef (Optional)
— Diced Carrots
— 1 cup Green peas
— Sweet corn
— 1 big Red Bell Pepper
— 3 Stalks Green/Spring Onion (Thinly Sliced)
— 1 Medium Bulb Onion Diced
— 3 Cloves of Garlic
— 2 Scotch Bonnet Thinly Sliced
— 3 Seasoning Cube
— 1 Chicken Seasoning/Spice
— Garlic Powder
— Black Pepper
— Curry Powder
— Salt to taste
- Marinate your Shrimps with Garlic powder, Black pepper, and Chicken seasoning. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Wash your Rice thoroughly to rid it of starch, leave to drain in a colander.
- Place a pot on a hob on medium heat, add half a cup of Vegetable Oil, when the oil gets hot, add the washed rice gradually.
- Add the Curry and Thyme. Fry the Rice in the oil for 3-5 minutes, stir with a wooden spoon from time to time.
– Tired Of Sunday Rice? Five Delicious Meals To Cook Instead
– Step-By-Step Process To Prepare Owo Soup This Weekend
– Yummy! Learn How To Prepare Groundnut Soup This Weekend
- Then pour the Chicken/ Beef stock, add water as well, but use more stock, make sure the liquid is enough to cook the Rice till tender. Add two Chicken Cubes and salt to taste. Leave to cook till tender.
- Get a deep frying pan, add three tablespoons of Vegetable oil, and crush in one seasoning cube. When the oil becomes hot, add the chopped Onions, sauté for 2 minutes, then add the chopped Garlic.
- Now add the raw Shrimps, cook for 3-4 minutes, be careful not to overcook.
- When the shrimps are cooked, remove the shrimps and set aside.
- Add the carrots, green peas and peppers into the frying pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes,
- Add the cooked Shrimps and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Now check on the rice, if it’s tender, it shouldn’t be too soft as this will be cooked further. Divide the Rice into two parts.
- Also, divide the cooked veggies into two, add one part of the rice and one part of the Veggies into the frying pan, taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary, and combine.
- Decrease the heat to low, add the Green Onions. Fry for a further 3-4 minutes to fully combine. Add the cooked Shrimps back in and combine with the Rice.
- Repeat the same for the second batch and your Shrimp Fried Rice is ready.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.