You are currently viewing See Six Games Competing For Game Of The Year Award 2022

See Six Games Competing For Game Of The Year Award 2022

The Game Awards 2022 sees six of the biggest video games going head-to-head for popularity votes on the awards’ platform as Game of the Year. According to the organisers, the jury’s vote accounts for 90% of the total votes while the fans come up with the remaining 10%.

Since 2014, the award has been overseen by an advisory committee which includes representatives from hardware makers Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, and AMD. In addition, several game publishers also sit on the board.

Also read:
Gran Turismo Movie Gets August 2023 Release Date, See Casts, Plot And More Details
Oculus founder creates a VR headset that kills you if you die in the game
Elon Musk Is Removing ‘Twitter For iPhone’ Tag.

There are about 24 categories for the 2022 version and vying for the ultimate honour of Game of the Year are:

— A Plague Tale: Requiem: A survival horror stealth video game developed by Asobo Studio and published by Focus Entertainment.

— Elden Ring: An action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.

— God of War Ragnarök: An action-adventure video game developed by Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

— Horizon Forbidden West: An action role-playing game developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

— Stray: An adventure game developed by BlueTwelve Studio and published by Annapurna Interactive.

— Xenoblade Chronicles 3: An action role-playing game developed by Monolith Soft and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch.

Two-time winner and current holders, Electronic Arts, was missing from the shortlist while Sony, who has also won twice (2018 and 2020), has another shot at the title once again. Meanwhile, Elden Ring appears to be a favourite among fans, who are pipping it to take the award home. Which is unsurprising as it is the best selling video game of 2022.

You can see video games nominated in other categories here and cast your votes as you see fit.

For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

Onwuasoanya Obinna

A reader of books and stringer of words. Passionate about Science and Tech. When not writing or reading he is surfing the web and Tweeting.