So you are a lover of Egusi Soup but you are tired of making the soup the conventional way.
This meal is not only tasty but also very cheap to prepare compared to the conventional Egusi soup.
As the name suggests, the soup requires that you add Pepper Soup spices to the meal.
Also, you will not be adding red oil to this soup, that’s why in some areas it is known as “white egusi soup”.
This meal is popular among the people in the Niger Delta part of Nigeria. In Delta State, it is called “Gbagba Kpogiri”‘.
Five Nigerian Meals You Can Make With ₦1000
Review: My First Experience Eating Amala And Ewedu
Five Meal Planning Techniques For Those On A Budget
Below is how you prepare Egusi Peppersoup.
- Place a pot of water on the heat source. Ensure the water is not too much as you can always add water as the meal is cooked.
- When the water is boiled, add your ground pepper soup spices.
- Mix your ground melon (Egusi) in a bowl. Add water till it becomes a paste.
- Add the melon paste to the boiling pepper soup spices and allow to cook for 10 minutes
- When the paste has fully dissolved in the pot, add your ground crayfish, seasoning cube, ground pepper, stockfish, and salt.
- Add your Frozen fish, chicken, or beef and allow to cook for 10 minutes
- Your Egusi Peppersoup is ready.
You can serve this soup with Garri (Eba) Semo, Poundo You can also eat it with boiled rice This meal is quite easy to make and compared to the conventional Egusi soup, it doesn’t go sour on time.
Make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us email@example.com. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.