Ms. Seyitan Babatayo after a week-long silence has released a press statement following the r*pe saga between her and musician Oladapo Oyebanjo known musically as D’banj.
According to the press statement, she’s formally filed a criminal r*pe case at the Lagos State Police Command Ikeja after her efforts to do so at the Victoria Island Police Command were frustrated. Seyitan also recounted the events that took place after she came out to accuse D’banj of r*ping her on June 3rd.
Here’s a summary of the press release
1. On the 16th of June, she was arrested by 4 men of the Nigerian police who gained entrance into her home under the guise of delivery service.
2. She was taken to IGP IRT in Harold Shodipo command and detained without access to a lawyer. Her crimes were also not made known to her.
3. Contrary to what social media was made to believe, she was not arrested alongside her mum.
4. After various efforts from different parties, she was finally released after almost 48hrs of detention. She was also made to sign a gag order by the police and D’banj’s team and could only share D’banj and team approved post on her social media.
5. She spent the night in a location of D’banj’s choosing which was not made known to the public.
“June 18, 2020: I was isolated from my family, coerced, pressured, and intimidated in person by D’banj and his team to retract all my statements and announce that my testimony was a publicity stunt. “
6. She was isolated from her family and coerced by D’banj in person and some members of his team to recant her statements and say it was a publicity stunt. Her location was finally tracked by Stand to End R*pe (STER) convener and other activists using satellite mapping from her phone. She was then removed from where she held hostage by D’banj and his team.
7. D’banj and his team continue to harass her boasting they can buy out any justice system should she continue to pursue the case.
-Police IGP Orders Full Probe Of R*pe Allegations Against D’banj; The Story So Far
-Dbanj: All We Have Gathered On The Alleged Arrest And Human Rights Violation Of His Accuser Seyitan
-Justin Beiber Refutes R*pe Accusations Against Him With Receipts And Pictures
Seyitan stated she’s now receiving support from Mrs. Akeredolu ( SAN) former Attorney General of Ogun state. The Attorney General of Lagos State also wrote to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police to investigate the case and ensure justice is served.
She also added she’s still in shock at the blatant violation of her human rights and is now going through mental therapy provided by STER.
See Seyitan’s full press statement below.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.