Microsoft has just revealed some technical specifications for the latest Xbox series, the Xbox series X, in a blog post. The console was previously known by the codename ‘Xbox Project Scarlett’.
The game reveal was at The Game Awards 2019 with an official trailer. However, the pricing is still unknown until now. Microsoft says the game will be available around the Christmas season in 2020.
The Xbox Series X has the ability to run 4K graphics at 60 to 120 frames per second. This means that game graphics will display the clearest of details plus smooth visuals during action scenes.
Its graphics card and processor are also getting an upgrade. This enables it to run more graphic intense games smoothly.
The Xbox Series X will come with 1 terabyte of storage, however, with an upgrade for faster load times. Xbox’s senior communications manager Will Tuttle says this is deliberate.
“Modern devices have changed our expectations on how quickly you can move between experiences or applications. Most of us want to be able to instantly jump into an experience or return right to where we left off,” he wrote in a blog post.
These claims mean that players can turn off the console after playing the game to a certain point, perform an update and continue from where they ended.
– Sony’s PlayStation 5 Will Launch In The 2020 Holiday Season
– Twitter Users Mock Sony’s New PlayStation 5 Logo Release At CES 2020
– Co-founder of Rockstar Games, Dan Houser, Creators Of GTA, Leaves The Company
Xbox says immersive open-world games like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Final Fantasy XV could benefit from the faster load time. Tuttle says Xbox has been in collaborative efforts with the TV manufacturers for two years to make sure displays are ready to support the Xbox Series X.
Microsoft also says the game can support older games. “As gamers themselves, [the team] understood that we all have our favorite memories, franchises or titles that we want to continue to play even as technology and game design continues to advance,” Xbox wrote.
Xbox Series X Specifications
- CPU – 8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
- GPU – 12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs @ 1.825 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU
- Die Size – 360.45 mm2
- Process – 7nm Enhanced
- Memory – 16 GB GDDR6 w/ 320b bus
- Memory Bandwidth – 10GB @ 560 GB/s, 6GB @ 336 GB/s
- Internal Storage – 1 TB Custom NVME SSD
- I/O throughput – 2.4 GB/s (Raw), 4.8 GB/s (Compressed, with custom hardware decompression block)
- Expandable Storage – 1 TB Expansion Card (matches internal storage exactly)
- External Storage – USB 3.2 External HDD Support
- Optical Drive – 4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
- Performance Target – 4K @ 60 FPS, Up to 120 FPS
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.