Nollywood actresses, Mercy Johnson and Iyabo Ojo have both reacted to the death of a 12yr old Chrisland school student, Whitney.
Over the weekend, the internet was rife with reports of the sudden death of the young girl, who reportedly slumped and died as alleged by the school
According to the information released by the mom of the deceased, Whitney had left home hale and hearty for their school’s inter-house spot at Agege Stadium.
The mom further narrated on how she got to the stadium to watch her child but couldn’t find her
After frantically searching, she was finally directed to an immunization center where the deceased was rushed to immediately collapsed
But on getting there, what she got was the lifeless body of her daughter instead
Meanwhile reacting to this sad event, both Mercy Johnson and Iyabo Ojo have called on the school to give a detailed account of what happened
Also putting in mind that there is viral audio making the rounds online, where a student said Whitney was electrocuted while trying to buy some snacks
While sending her condolence to the deceased’s parents, Mercy Johnson stated that no parent deserves this.
“I’m responding to the cries of a mother going through the worst pain ever. A mother who wants to know how her child died so suddenly @bam.babycity
No parent deserves this, no one. Since I saw this heartbreaking video this morning, I’ve called to plead with the school @chrislandinsta to do as Whitney’s mum has cried for and release the full details of what happened to her daughter. We are all waiting.
My condolence to Whitney’s family. My prayers are with you”.
Mercy Johnson Okojie Opens Up On Cancer Scare
TG Omori Considering Charging 10% Royalty For His Video Shoots
Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir Welcomes Second Child Together
Iyabo Ojo on the other hand went in a bit harder, pointing out the irresponsibility of chrisland school to not having an emergency medical team on the ground
“@chrislandinsta You need to come out & Whitney’s parents the truth about their daughter’s death. The negligence from your school is appalling. There is a WhatsApp audio circulating that she died as a result of electrocution. Can you confirm or deny? Did you not get the vendors at your event to make sure they came with child proof equipment? You knew the child was dead before sending her to a health centre and sent the mother on a wild goose chase to look for her child without accompanying her. The actual audacity to be irresponsible.”
Meanwhile the Lagos state government has ordered the closure of the school, pending when the real details of Whytney’s death is revealed.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.