Latest Posts

Stay in Touch With Us

For Advert Placement;

Email

info@plat4om.com

Follow us on social Media

  /  LifeStyle   /  Entertainment   /  Celebrity-Gist   /  Mackenzie Bezos Becomes Third Richest Woman In The World After Divorce Settlement
Mackenzie Bezos

Mackenzie Bezos Becomes Third Richest Woman In The World After Divorce Settlement

Amazon boss, Jeff Bezos and his ex-wife, Mackenzie, recently finalised their divorce officially in a $38 billion settlement. This makes her the third richest woman in the world.

 

Mackenzie Bezos will also gain millions of Amazon shares estimated at $38 billion. This follows a Washington judge’s signed court paper that formally dissolved the marriage.

 

The couple, in April 2019, announced the details of their divorce agreement. Mackenzie said she would grant Jeff all her interests in the Washington Post and Blue Origin. She also granted him voting control over her stakes in Amazon.

 

Jeff and Mackenzie Bezos

 

Jeff will retain 75% of its Amazon stock co-owned by the couple. This leaves Mackenzie with the remaining 25%. The stake at the company left to Mackenzie Bezos is a little under 20 million shares, estimated at $38 billion.

 

Later in the month, there is expected to be a regulatory filing disclosing the shift in ownership. This is as required by the United States Security and Exchange Commission.

 

Mackenzie Bezos

According to the Bloomberg Billionaire’s Index, Mackenzie Bezos now ranks as the third-richest woman alive. All thanks to her husband’s infidelity and massive divorce settlement. She is now going to be right behind world number one, Francoise Bettencourt Meyers and number two, Alice Walton.

 

In April, Mackenzie Bezos said she had signed the Giving Pledge back in April. This is a promise made by very wealthy people in the world to donate at least half of their assets to charity in their lifetime.

 

Giving Pledge

 

At the moment, Jeff Bezos’ net worth after the divorce is an estimate of $121 billion. He still retains his spot as the richest person in the world. He, unlike his wife, however, refused to sign the Giving Pledge.

 

The wealthy couple were married for 25 years began dating before the Amazon company was conceived. The Bezos, with four children together, expressed their desire to go their separate ways in January 2019 following a cheating scandal.

Share:
About The Author

Funmi is a talker turned writer. She is the absolute goofball and the one person to have in your corner. Her interests are in Technology, Women Rights and Journalism. A splash of pop culture and grime music is also a way to go. She has a degree in Mass Communication and Broadcast Journalism.

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of