Locked Out Of Your Microsoft Account? See How To Unlock It
Microsoft accounts may be locked if the holder has violated the company’s services agreement, in this article you will learn how to unlock your account. Before we go on, take not that malware, phishing and other harmful activities will get you locked out of your Microsoft account.
Additionally, sending spams and using multiple accounts to perpetuate abuse are also against the company’s rules. Now, see steps on how to unlock your locked Microsoft account.
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com and sign in to your locked account.
- Enter a phone number to request a security code be sent to you via text message. This can be any phone that can receive text messages.
- After the text arrives, enter the security code into the web page.
- Change your password to complete the unlocking process. You can see helpful tips here to create a strong password.
– UK Government Buys Big Part Of Satellite Internet Provider, OneWeb
– Microsoft Edge WebView2 Now Available For .NET
– GitHub Fixes ‘High’ Severity Security Lapse Reported By Google Project Zero
Sometimes, you may face security code problems when trying to get your account unlocked online. Microsoft suggests that you try these steps to troubleshoot for security code issues:
- If you didn’t receive your security code at the phone number you entered, try again or try a different number.
- If your security code doesn’t work, make sure you enter the numbers in the body of the message, and not the numbers in the header.
Text message with code.
- If you see a ‘usage limit exceeded’ error message when requesting a security code, this could mean the phone number has been used too many times in a short period of time, or that we’ve detected something suspicious about the phone number.
- To better protect you and your information, we block the ability to request security codes from certain phone numbers when the risk of fraud is potentially detected.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.