Learn How To Prepare Crunchy Plantain Chips This Weekend
Plantain Chips are a popular Nigerian snack also known as Igbekere by the Yoruba tribe of Western Nigerian and Kpekere by the Igbo tribe of Eastern Nigeria. It can be made to taste crunchy, salty, or spicy, either way, it is always tasty.
The preparation of Plantain chips is pretty easy. You can add turmeric to the list of ingredients to give this snack a nice yellowy glow. Below are the ingredients needed and the steps required to prepare this snack.
- Unripe Plantain
- Vegetable oil
- Turmeric (Optional)
- Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
– First, peel the plantain. Slice into thin slices using a slicer or a sharp knife.
– Next, add water into a deep bowl, mix in some turmeric and salt
– Add the sliced plantains, leave for five minutes then sieve out the water mixture using a colander. Then transfer sliced plantains into a tray, blot dry using a paper towel, make sure you get them as dry as possible otherwise your chips will turn out soft and not crunchy. Then sprinkle some cayenne pepper on the chips; this is also optional.
– Learn How To Prepare Roasted Plantain, Grilled Fish And Sauce With This Recipe
– Five Nigerian Meals You Can Make With ₦1000
– Tired Of Sunday Rice? Five Delicious Meals To Cook Instead
– Now add vegetable oil into a wok or deep frying pan, enough oil to deep fry the plantain chips.
– You can also use a deep fryer, when it’s hot, fry the chips on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Do well to prepare your crunchy plantain chips this weekend using this recipe.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.