Shawarma is a delicious snack widely enjoyed by many. This snack is stuffed with yummy ingredients that will not only make you salivate but will fill your stomach after eating.
Shawarma is a popular meal on the streets of Nigeria and a lot of people do not even know they can make this snack in their homes.
So if you desire to treat your family and friends to homemade shawarma any time soon, below are the ingredients and the directions needed.
Ingredients for Nigerian Chicken Shawarma
- 2 Chicken br*asts (boneless)
- 2 Chicken thighs
- 6 Shawarma bread (tortilla wraps)
- 1 Small-sized cabbage (cut into thin strips)
- 3 Medium-sized carrots (grated or cut into thin strips)
- 1 Large cucumber (cut into thin strips &circles)
- 2 Big tomatoes (cut into thin strips)
- 1 Medium-sized onion (cut into thin strips)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable /olive oil (for stir-frying)
Ingredients to marinate your chicken
- 1 Teaspoon thyme
- 2 Teaspoon curry
- Onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Chicken stock cube/bouillon cube(crushed into powder)
- Half a teaspoon black pepper
- Chilli pepper to taste
- Salt to taste(optional because the stock cube already contains salt)
– Five Healthy Meals That Can Help You Grow Bigger Br*asts
– These 10 Foods Could Give You Food Poisoning
– This Stewed Seafood Okra Is The Delicacy You Should Prepare This Weekend
- Wash and cut the vegetables into thin strips and set them aside.
- Also, cut the chicken or beef into thin strips and set them aside.
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl, add your onions, chilli pepper, thyme, curry, black pepper, salt and seasoning cube. Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Then cover and store in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours. The longer the meat marinades, the better it tastes.
- In a pan, heat up a tablespoonful of oil. Add the marinated chicken/beef & stir fry until juicy and brown. Scoop unto a plate and set aside.
- Mix some mayonnaise and ketchup together.
- Place shawarma bread or tortilla wraps on the table. Spread the mayonnaise and ketchup mix on it and then fill it with the sliced vegetables and chicken on one end and sprinkle some chili pepper (optional).
- Then fold the bread, tuck in the edge, and roll to form a shawarma wrap.
- If you want to warm it up a bit, place it on a heated pan for three minutes(the closed edge facing the pan). If you have a microwave or sandwich maker, feel free to use those too.
Your homemade chicken shawarma is ready. Enjoy!
Watch how to make homemade shawarma below
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.