Learn How To Make Yummy Beans And Corn Pottage With This Simple Recipe
Beans and corn pottage, also known as Adalu is a tasty Nigerian dish. It’s a delicious fusion of stewed beans and sweetcorn. In the absence of sweetcorn, you can simply use boiled corn. This meal is tasty and different from your everyday pottage. Simply purchase the ingredients below using simple directions in this article to have this tasty meal on your dining table.
- 2 Cups of honey beans
- 2 Cooking spoons palm oil
- 1-2 Cup of sweet corn/fresh corn
- 2 Red bell pepper
- 1 Scotch bonnet
- 1 Big onion
- Dried crayfish
- 1 Seasoning cube
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Blend the bell peppers, and scotch bonnet to a smooth paste and set aside. Pick and wash your beans, get your corn ready, and set aside.
- Set a pot on a hob on high heat, pour in your washed beans. Add enough water to cover the beans and cook till half done. This should take around 45 minutes. Remember to check every now and then, also add more water when necessary.
- While the beans are cooking, set a small pot on a hob on medium heat. Add palm oil, when it’s hot, add half of the chopped onions. Sauté till translucent.
- Now add the blended pepper, seasoning cube and salt to taste. Fry till oil floats to the top. When it does, switch the heat off and set aside.
– Turkey And Yam Pepper Soup, The Perfect Meal For A Rainy Weekend
– Five Meals You Can Prepare Within Five Minutes
– Including These Ten Foods In Your Diet Will Help You Lose Weight
- Check on the beans, when it’s half done, add the remaining sliced onions, add the garlic and salt to taste. Be careful not to add too much salt as the stew to be incorporated also contains salt. Continue to cook till tender.
- When it’s tender add the fried stew, then stir and combine. Now add the corn, and combine, leave to cook for three minutes.
Add the crayfish and leave to cook for a further two minutes. Your beans and corn pottage is ready. Serve immediately.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.