Joining A #SARSMUSTEND Protest? See These Health And Safety Tips First
Except you’ve been living under a rock, you’d be very aware of the nationwide #Endsars protest ongoing in Nigeria.
Citizens fed up with the wanton killings, arrest, and extortion from dreaded police unit FSARS have decided to take to streets in protest.
If you’d love to join in protests currently happening at different locations all over the country here are some very important tips.
- Wear a mask. The pandemic is still ongoing so endeavor to wear a mask.
- Don’t wear protests shirts or clothing till you get to the venue. It’s advisable to wear nondescript clothes in colors of black or white.
- Stay in groups and small clusters as it’s easy for the police to pick up strays
- Go with a small bag to hold your fully charged devices, a water bottle money, other valuables.
- Share your location with a trusted friend or family member.
- Wear comfortable running shoes.
- Do not wear contact lenses
-#EndSARS: Five Things To Note From The IGP’s Dissolution Of FSARS
-#EndSars: Social Media In The Fight Against Oppression By Traditional News Media And The Government
-Nigerians Call Out Ronke Raji, Jackie Aina, Others For Not Lending Their Voice To #EndSARS
Health and safety tips
- Carry a small bottle of water mixed with baking soda. This mixture has been known to neutralise the effect of tear gas
- Write your name, blood group, and trusted person’s number with a marker on either your arms or legs for easy identification if need be .
- In case another protester is bleeding, find a way to stop the blood and quickly get them to a hospital.
In all, go to the protest with a positive mindset and do not instigate any violence
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.