Meghan Markle revealed during her and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey she thought about taking her own life while she was pregnant with Archie and living in the UK.
The much anticipated tell-all interview with American TV queen Oprah Winfrey with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry aired on CBS during the early hours of today and it was as explosive as expected and more
In fact, it has been compared to that of Princess Diana’s iconic interview with BBC’s Martin Bashir shortly after her divorce from Prince Charles.
Meghan Markle and Harry married in 2018 in a lush British wedding attended by the creme de la creme of society. Markle being biracial, an actress, and a divorcee posed problems to the blue-blood British monarchy. However, it turned out to be more than the couple expected.
Here are some of the teas the spilled during the chat.
1. Markle revealed her passport, driver’s license, and keys were seized after she joined The Royal Family.
2. She said she became so depressed by the passive-aggressive air and subtle racism she faced in the Buckingham Palace that she contemplated suicide. “I didn’t want to be alive anymore,” she says.
3. Meghan also shared she was repeatedly asked what skin tone Archie will have while she was pregnant. She said some members of the Royal Family were “worried” he’d appear black. She was also told he won’t be given the title of Prince and would not have security.
“In those months when I was pregnant, all around this same time, we have in tandem, the conversation of “He won’t be given security, he’s not going to be given a title,” and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born,” Meghan says.
–Prince Harry Shares Why He And Meghan Markle Stepped Down As Royals
–Meghan Markle’s “Suits” Co-star Patrick J. Adams Flays The Royal Family Amid Bullying Allegations Against Her
–Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Officially Resign From All Royal Duties
4. Harry said he expected his marriage to Meghan to pose a problem after he was told she won’t be given any money or security.
. “But that was right at the beginning, when she wasn’t going to get security, when members of my family were suggesting that she carries on acting, because there was not enough money to pay for her, and all this sort of stuff.
“Like, there was some real obvious signs before we even got married that this was going to be really hard,” he said.
5. Harry also shared he and his family has been financially cut off and now depend on money from his late mother, Princess Diana. They also sought deals with Netflix and Spotify to create a source of income for themselves.
6. Harry said they’d first fled to Canada in 2020 with the hopes of continuing their royal duties in a Common Wealth country. However, Buckingham Palace released a statement to say that would not be possible.
7. He shared they were left with no security or money and had to seek shelter with Tyler Perry who housed and provided security for them for several months.
8. The couple also revealed they’re expecting a baby girl who’d been born sometime this summer.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE<