The gender-swapping Snapchat filter has gently become an online favourite and an even bigger sensation among men. A lot of people (especially men) on dating apps like Tinder are getting so much more attention after changing their faces to the female filtered photo. It has also been a successful Voyage for Snapchat. The app has now gained even more popularity and more downloads in the past weeks since the introduction of the Augmented Reality lens.
The new filters can obscure your face to make you look even more feminine or more masculine. In case you are looking to join in on all the fun and make a photo of yourself in a different gender, follow these few steps:
- First, you will need to download Snapchat if you haven’t already done that. You can find the app on the App Store or Play store depending on the device you use.
- Once downloaded, you will also need to create an account. This is pretty straight forward. You will only need to follow the steps of providing an email, password and confirming the account.
- After you open the account, open the camera screen on Snapchat and tap the screen.
- Make sure that the camera is facing you. You can do this by tapping the rectangular arrows in the top corner.
- A range of filters will come on the screen. The gender swap filters are within the first five options. The filter with the beard turns your facial features into that of a man. Next to it is the filter with makeup that turns your face into a woman’s.
- Once you have fitted the filter to the frame of your face, take the picture. That’s it.
There is also a new babyface Snapchat filter making waves online. Take a quick look at some of our favourite character baby filtered faces below.
The baby filter on Snapchat is too good 😂 pic.twitter.com/Ejcya0KDxp
— CJ ⎊ (@majormarvelking) May 11, 2019
this baby filter is addictive…look at these baby avengers pic.twitter.com/sGPKwSKhjD
— ⧗ ingrid dorothy ⧗ (@evansson_) May 12, 2019