Productivity App Of The Week: How To Use Hootsuite
Another new week and we bring you the Hootsuite app that will surely improve your productivity.
This app will be a very powerful tool if you are a brand manager for a company. However, even if you are not a brand manager, it helps you send posts to various social media services as opposed to doing this individually.
Some popular social media services used on Hootsuite include Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Mixi. Top companies that use Hootsuite’s services are Facebook, the Obama administration, HBO, Martha Stewart Media, Virgin Group, SXSW, Panasonic, Zappos, The Gap and LHC.
The service has a full and lite version based on what you are using it for. It also uses the ow.ly URL shortener to shorten links appearing on other platforms. With this app, you can use the Streams feature to follow activities on various social media platforms.
Using it, you see activity around some pages, words and hashtags. Tabs allow you organise Streams into groups for easier usage.
Iran Hack U.S. Government Website In First Cyber Attack Launch
Top Tech Trends Of The Week 30th December 2019: Iran Tops Chart
Tesla’s Shares Reach Record Levels After Announcing Record Deliveries
There is also the App Directory that contains both free and paid third-party apps. You can install the Hootlet as an extension on your Chrome browser as well. It also has a mobile app that works on Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Users can invite their co-workers to share access with them and encourage collaboration.
How to use Hootsuite productivity app
Basic: start using Hootsuite
- First, you will need to create an account on https://hootsuite.com by clicking the Sign Up icon on the top right corner.
- Then you are to choose the plan that can do all you need from the service.
- Provide all the needed details and follow other prompts for connecting social networks, adding streams and publishing posts.
- Next, you can add other social media networks. The Hootsuite Free allows users to manage a maximum of three social networks. To do this, click on Streams> Add Social Network> select the networks you want connected> Connect> then authorise accounts to connect to the Hootsuite dashboard.
Advanced: use Hootsuite productivity app for so much more
Streams and Tabs
- Select Streams from the menu option.
- Next, tap on Add Tab (this is in the top-left corner), then name it and click ENTER.
- You can add streams by clicking Add Stream inside each tab.
- Then, choose a social network (check the list on the left).
- Next, select a profile from the list that drops.
- You can click the streams you want to be added to that profile.
- Click on the New Post icon.
- Then you can build, schedule and publish posts from the Composer.
- Tap on the App Directory.
- Click Install App then tap on Finish.
Make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us email@example.com. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.