Sometimes, we see a very hilarious video on a contact’s WhatsApp status that we want on our phones. Instead of going the whole way of asking the contact to send it, you can just save it. This way, you save yourself from starting an awkward conversation with a contact you probably don’t want to speak to.
Some of us are not aware that we can save those videos on to our phones. The videos are also only there for 24 hours, so its best get them ASAP. It might seem like an impossible task, but it’s pretty easy. Check this out.
How to save videos on contacts’ Whatsapp status
For Android users
- First, download and install ES File Manager on your device.
- Now, open the file manager and click on the menu icon.
- Then scroll down to see the “hidden files” icon on the right.
- The hidden folders and files will be visible here. Apparently, WhatsApp stores all viewed status videos and photos in a folder.
- Now proceed to your phone’s memory from the File Manager.
- Go to a folder named WhatsApp.
- Navigate to Media and click on the status folder. Here you will see all the statuses you have viewed.
- You can now move the videos and photos you wish to save permanently to your device the same way you will move files around within the phone.
For iOS users
- First, you will need to download WhatsApp Pocket. It works as a desktop app that is available on Windows and Mac. It is a data recovery software that lets you save WhatsApp status videos and photos.
- After you have downloaded and installed WhatsApp Pocket to your MacBook or Windows desktop or laptop, run the app and connect your iOS device to the computer.
- On the WhatsApp Pocket app, now select the device and begin a scan.
- After the scan finishes, WhatsApp chats will be displayed, including photos and videos from contacts status.
- Click and preview the status you want. You can also save WhatsApp chats, so you can select those too.
- Click “Export Attachment” button and select where to save.