It’s the Harmattan season, and this is a perfect time to enjoy a plate of spicy pepper soup. So if you are wondering what to have this weekend, one meal that you don’t eat every day but is just perfect for the weather is pepper soup.
There is the Chicken Pepper Soup, Catfish Pepper Soup (popularly known as Point and Kill), Goat Meat Pepper Soup, Cow Foot Pepper Soup and Assorted Beef Pepper Soup. Whichever way you prepare it, you are sure to have an awesome weekend.
Below are the ingredients and directions you need to make pepper soup.
- 25kg of chicken or goat meat, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 5 litres of water
- 2 tablespoons of pepper soup spice mix
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bruised and cut into three pieces, tied into small bundles
- Two seasoning cubes
- Red chilli powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Teaspoons of ground crayfish (optional)
Five Meal Planning Techniques For Those On A Budget
Top Five Breakfast Meals For The Working Woman
Too Much Salt Please! Tips For Fixing An over-salted Meal
- Put the chopped meat in a large pot and cover with some of the water (about 500ml).
- Add a tablespoon of the spice mix, some salt, two seasoning cubes, some red chilli powder, the crayfish and the lemongrass bundles.
- Stir and allow to simmer on low heat until the liquid starts to boil.
- When the liquid is fully boiled, add the remaining 2 litres of water and the rest of the pepper soup spice mix.
- Allow to cook on medium-low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste, and simmer until the meat is soft but isn’t falling off the bone.
- Serve with boiled plantains and yams and some palm oil, if you like.
Make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.