Nigerian food and lifestyle Vlogger Sisi Yemmie loves dishing out new recipes, and she’s here again. If you’re looking for a new way to spice up your macaroni in the kitchen, then you can try out her peanut macaroni recipe.
In a video, she shares the process of making this dish. The 30-minutes meal goes from basic to spontaneous in the blink of an eye. The magic is in the secret ingredients she shares with her viewers.
With this Simi Yemmie recipe, you can’t look macaroni the same way again. Before you begin, here are the ingredients you need!
3 tbsps groundnut oil
4 cups coconut milk
3 heaped tbsps of peanut butter
1 cup carrot, chopped
4 tbsps tomato puree
2 chicken breasts
Spiced suya pepper
1 tsp ginger
3 scotch bonnet peppers
2 green bell peppers
1 tsp garlic
1 cup chicken stock
2 seasoning cubes
Salt, to taste
The Peanut Macaroni recipe by Sisi Yemmie
How to make peanut macaroni the Sisi Yemmie style
Here’s Sisi Yemmie’s recipe to making this mouth-watering meal.
- In a pot of boiling water, add a tablespoon of groundnut oil and a tablespoon of salt, then add macaroni. Allow to boil for 7 minutes, transfer to a sieve and drain while running cold water over it to stop the cooking process.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite sizes and season with suya pepper and salt. Mix it till well coated with spice.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and add 3 Tablespoons of groundnut oil and place chicken breasts to fry till browned (about 4 minutes, 2 minutes on each side). Then take it off the heat and set aside.
- In another pan, add the groundnut oil. Then add onion then fry till translucent, add ginger, garlic and tomato puree. Fry for about 6 minutes, continuously stirring, before adding thyme and seasoning to the sauce.
- Add the carrots, green bell pepper and scotch bonnet pepper. Fry for a minute.
- Put in coconut milk and stir till you get a creamy texture. Add chicken stock and mix.
- Now add your macaroni and then chicken b****t, and combine together.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until it is well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Cover and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot!
What’s it going to be? Plain and bland macaroni or this Sisi Yemmie’s salivating peanut macaroni?