A simple guide on how to add Bitly to your WordPress site and shorten links to your posts using a free plugin.
If you don’t know about Bitly, it is a free URL shortener that you can also use to create tailor-made URLs for your businesses and even third-party links. To start using Bitly directly on your WordPress site, follow these instructions:
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and scroll to the Plugin option by the left.
- Next, either hover on the option and click Add new or click it and select Add new in the page that opens.
- Search for “Bitly” in the search box and install the “Bitly’s WordPress Plugin.
- After it completely installs, click on Activate.
- The plugin should be in your list of installed plugins and the name will be shortened to “WP Bitly.”
- When you find it, click on the Settings option under the name and connect it to your Bitly account.
- If you don’t have one, follow this link to create a Bitly account in no time.
- After connecting your account, go back to WP Bitly and click on Authorize.
- Next, you will have to sign in to Bitly and click the Allow button.
- The plugin automatically retrieves authorisation from Bitly and adds the detail to the Bitly OAuth Token space.
- Then, you can click Save Changes to complete your setup process.
– 5 free graphic design tools for beginners in 2022
– Key specs of Samsung Galaxy A54 5G revealed as renders leak
– Samsung and Oppo collaborate to make chipsets better than Apple’s A series.
You can choose what type of entries you will be creating short links for; post, page, or attachment entries. Also, you can connect more than one account with the domain and group you are using for short links. This group is where you can easily find the short links you created pertaining to it.
Remember to save changes each time you update a setting. Also, the free version only allows links to start with bit.ly/ and you can only change it to a custom one when you upgrade to a paid plan.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.