How To Delete A YouTube Video Immediately
Sometimes, you need some social media cleansing. It could be that you are totally done with YouTube and completely wiping out a profile. Or perhaps you just made a video that you do not want to make it to the public. It could even be that these videos are old and no longer are a true reflection of who you are now. It is pretty easy to delete these videos on the mobile app or the website. You can delete your YouTube video in less than a minute with these few steps.
1. From the website
You can easily delete your chat on the desktop version of YouTube. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the homepage and click on the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Then click on the Your Channel option from the menu.
- You will now arrive at a page where all your videos are. Click on the YouTube Studios button by your profile picture.
- Then click on Videos, tick the box beside the videos you wish to delete and then hold the mouse over the video title.
- The menu icon that looks like three dots will appear. Click on the menu icon and select Delete from the options.
- Tick the confirmation box and then click the Delete Video button.
2. From the YouTube app
Whether you are using a mobile app on an Android or iOS device, deleting a video is easy.
- Go to the home screen and tap on the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then select the Your Channel option from the pop-up options.
- Now choose Videos from the menu at the top of the channel. At this point, the playlist of videos will show on the screen.
- Now, tap on the menu icon that looks like three dots on the right side of the video you want to delete.
- Now tap on the delete option from the menu and tap OK to finish.
- The video will then be permanently deleted. It will give a “video not found” message wherever it may have been embedded. It also deletes all comments and votes previously on the video.