When you update your iPhone to the iOS13, you will realise that the app updates are no longer done in the same way.
The previous iOS versions used to display the Updates tab at the bottom of the screen in the App Store. However, Apple has changed the way Updates will be seen. It replaced it with the Arcade tab. Users will only now see updates via their profile.
Here is how you can now update your app on the iOS13:
- Once your device now runs on the iOS13 update, you will need to go to the App Store app.
- Then click on the Search tab.
- Now locate the user profile icon located at the top right corner of the screen. The icon will have a red notification badge if there are any pending updates.
- Now click on the user profile icon which will lead to the Account page.
- Once your account page opens up, a list of updates will be visible below the Personalized Recommendations option.
- It will appear under the Available Updates section. You can refresh this section by pulling down the screen if it isn’t showing any updates.
Here, you can decide to update specific apps by tapping on Update on the app or Update All for all apps.
Apple has made sure that the updates available on app updates will be up to 60% smaller compared to previous iOS versions. Users can also activate the Automatic Updates feature that saves you from doing manual updates. These automatically updated apps will now be seen in the Updated Recently section.
It is very important to make sure that your apps are updated. Certain updates come with certain fixes that can help make the apps work faster. Some of them also correct some bugs that may be detected on the app. You also would not want to miss out on some amazing features that are introduced in new updates.
Your device will run slow if you fail to update certain apps. Likewise, if you have too many apps that need updating, it could affect the functionality of the device.