- Google has announced AI-powered writing features for Docs and Gmail testers, with plans to roll it out to other Workspace users soon.
- The company is taking its time to ensure that it gets AI technology right and at scale while building safeguards against abuse and protecting user privacy.
- The AI assistant will be available across several Google Workspace platforms if the test is successful, but Google wants users to maintain control over the AI’s suggestions.
In an announcement on Tuesday, Google rolled out AI-powered writing features for Docs and Gmail testers, with the feature coming to other users soon.
The company said that it is taking its time to ensure that it gets AI technology right and at scale.
“We know from our deep experience in AI and productivity that building features with AI requires great care, thoughtful experimentation, and many iterations driven by user feedback. We do all this while building safeguards against abuse, protecting the privacy of user data, and respecting customer controls for data governance,” it wrote.
AI assistant would soon be available across Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Meet, and Chat if the test is successful. Some ways that this technology can be useful are:
- drafting, repling, summarising, and prioritising your Gmail messages
- brainstorming, proofreading, writing, and rewriting in Docs
- bringing creative vision to life with auto-generated images, audio, and video in Slides
- going from raw data to insights and analysis via auto completion, formula generation, and contextual categorisation in Sheets
- generating new backgrounds and capture notes in Meet
- enabling workflows for getting things done in Chat.
–44 African Startups Raised $675 Million Funding In February 2023
–5 Main Differences Between GPT-4 And GPT-3.5 (ChatGPT)
–Microsoft Sacks AI Ethics Team In Charge Of Responsible Products.
See how AI can be of great help to you below:
The features will do more than just stay in the background, it can create customised job descriptions, draft invitation for your child’s pirate-themed birthday party, and so on. Google says that the goal is to help you get more done including finding the right tone or style while writing.
However, the company wants users to know that AI should not replace ingenuity, creativity, and smarts of real people. Like ChatGPT, Google AI features may be inaccurate at times or misguide users. So, it is important that users maintain control by allowing them accept, edit, and change AI sugestions.
The company announced Bard AI to compete with the GPT-powered chatbots by OpenAI but has chosen to slow its roll out to avoid several of the problems we have been seeing.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.