Black Friday is always held the day after Thanksgiving and is the start for the Christmas shopping period. Many stores and companies offer special deals or discounts on these special days. However, Black Friday can be filled with madness, and you might need a nice, strong cocktail recipe to help you forget the hard parts.
Take a look at two Black Friday cocktails to get you through today.
1. Spiced Gin Black Friday Cocktail
This creative winter cocktail pairs spiced gin with coffee syrup and sage. These aromatic flavours will give you a caffeine boost and ‘tolerance sauce’ for dealing with people and the madness that Black Friday brings.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2.5 oz bombay sapphire gin
- 1/2 oz fresh orange juice
- 1/2-3/4 oz allspice dram
- 1 oz coffee syrup (1:1 ratio of espresso and white sugar)
- a few drops saline solution or a tiny pinch of salt
- a few drops of Molasses Bitters
- Smoked Star Anise Garnish
- Fresh Sage Garnish
- Crushed ice
- In a stirring glass with ice cubes, add gin, orange juice, allspice dram, coffee syrup, salt, molasses bitters. Stir to combine.
- Fill a drinking glass with crushed ice. Fill with the mixed cocktail.
- Garnish with fresh sage.
- Light star anise on fire. (So fun. But be responsible and don’t do it after two cocktails beforehand). Place on top of drink.
2. Classic Black Friday cocktail
from My Man’s Belly
This Black Friday cocktail, made using easy-to-find vodka, could help you weather whatever storm the day brings.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 5 blackberries
- 1.5oz vodka
- Club soda
- In a rocks glass, muddle four of the blackberries together.
- Gently pour vodka over the berries
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Top up with club soda (or ginger beer for an extra kick).
- Garnish the drink with the remaining blackberry.
Make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.