Answering emails is likely the bulk of your work and if you have been doing it all the traditional way, here are four hacks to improve your email use.
1. Turn on 2-step verification
This is an extra layer of security that protects your account even when your password is compromised. To set it up, do the following:
- Go to the Security tab
- Locate the 2-Step Verification under Signing in to Google
- Next select Get Started and complete the steps
- Then, complete a second step verification by choosing Google prompts or another method.
2. Enable “Undo send”
If, after sending an email, you decide to retrieve it, Gmail allows you a 30-second window to do that.
- Click on the Settings icon from your computer
- Select See all settings
- Scroll to the Undo Send section and choose the cancellation period you prefer, 30 seconds is enough time to decide if you want to recall the email or not.
3. Schedule send
You can choose the time you want your email to arrive and stand a chance of getting a quick reply.
- After writing an email, you can click on the down arrow beside the Send button on your PC or tap on the three vertical dots at the top right, beside the send icon, on your mobile app
- Select the particular date and time you want your email to arrive and schedule it
- You can also change the schedule if you found a more appropriate time before the date you chose.
4. Translate directly in Gmail
When you receive an email in a foreign language, you can translate it directly in the mail instead of copying and pasting the text in Google translator.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the message tab (on PC)
- Choose the Translate Message option
- Choose Detect Language for Google to identify the language if you are not familiar with it and choose what language you want to read it in after the “>” icon.
These hacks will make the emailing aspects of your job smoother.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.