Five Beautiful Things Milk Can Do For Your Skin
Milk is a source of protein; some drink it, while others use it as a cooking ingredient. Meanwhile, a lot of people do not know that milk has a lot to benefits on the skin.
Pure milk is extremely soothing and hydrating for the skin. Hence, milk baths, cold milk soaks or using topical beauty products with milk as the main ingredient is a great way to soothe and moisturise any dry, irritated areas of the body.
Milk is rich in Vitamin D, and it helps for youthful, glowing skin. It also boosts collagen production and slows down fine lines and wrinkles. Milk protects the skin from free radicals that cause premature ageing. It helps to fade dark spots and marks, reduces acne and promotes skin elasticity.
Take a look at five beautiful things that milk can do for your skin.
1. Natural facial cleanser
Raw milk is an amazing natural facial cleanser. It will drive out all the dirt from within clogged pores, preventing further blackheads, acne and more.
- Dab all over your clean face.
- Using a clean cotton ball or washcloth, gently rub the milk over your skin in a gentle circulatory motion.
You’ll be surprised to see how much dirt you’ll be wiping off with the cotton ball. Do this every day for a clean grease-free supple face.
2. Great moisturiser
Got dry, flaky skin? Use this simple home remedy that will soften skin and remove flaky skin cells.
- Dip a cotton ball in cold raw milk and dab all over your dry skin.
- Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the mask is drying up, don’t move your face muscles as you may stretch the mask and cause fine lines.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Your skin will be moisturised and soft throughout the day!
– WhatsApp Beta for Android Gets Bug Fixes, New Emoji Skin
– Why You Should Add An Oil Cleanser To Your Skincare Routine
– Clear Your Skin With These Foods
3. Lighten Tans and Skin Tone
Unwanted tans, darker skin tones and pigmentation can be solved by applying raw milk topically. The high lactic acid content not only has skin-lightening properties but will also help get rid of dead cells on the skin’s surface.
Pour fresh raw milk in a bowl and dip a soft washcloth in it. Then wring and apply to your tanned skin. Use at least three times a week before a shower or bath for best results.
4. Exfoliates skin cells
Beta hydroxy is lactic acid, a form of alpha hydroxy acid found in raw milk. This potent alpha hydroxy acid mildly scourges excess dead cells off the skin’s surface, revealing soft skin underneath.
5. Soothes sunburned and inflamed skin
Milk creates a thin protein film that protects skin and cools off burning sensations. Use whole fat milk for sunburns as it contains healthy fat that soothes skin and also lubricates it. To soothe and relieve sunburns, use a cotton ball or a soft washcloth dipped in cold milk.
So the next time you have a bowl of milk before you, know that there a lot of healthy things it can do for your skin.
Make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.