A Christmas hamper really does give you that magical feeling of Christmas and if it’s homemade you can feel truly smug at your accomplishments. It makes a thoughtful, personal gift, and you can save cash by eschewing expensive shop-bought versions. And the beauty of doing it yourself is that you can make it as simple or as luxurious as you like.
In today’s over-scheduled, over-booked, fast-paced world, personalized gifts are becoming less and less common. Sadly, gift cards and are becoming more the norm. Gift-giving has become so impersonal, but we want to change that.
These Christmas gift baskets are the perfect solution for putting the thought and love back into gift-giving. Give gifts that express just how special people are to you. With a little bit of time and effort, you can show your friends and family how much you truly care.
Here are our top tips to make a hamper, including presentation advice.
- Wicker baskets can be found online and in department stores.
- In order to make your basket look fuller and allow your gift items to be seen above the basket, fill the bottom of the basket with tissue paper or packing paper.
- This will save you some money on the more expensive decorative filler but still allow the items to stand up and be seen better at first glance.
- Now fill the basket with those gifts. You can add chocolates, beverages, wines, books etc. The list is endless, just get creative.
- Coloured or clear cellophane gives a beautiful, polished look to homemade hampers.
- You could also choose cute holiday cellophane with reindeer or snowflake prints and finish it off with a green, red, gold ribbon.
- Next, tie it all up with a big colour-coordinated festive bow. A ribbon around the middle makes a nice finishing touch and will also keep those carefully positioned presents in place.
- You will know your hamper is finished when the cellophane is taut.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Release First American Christmas Card
Watch Mariah Carey’s New Video For “All I Want For Christmas Is You”
Six Countries That Once Banned Christmas (No. 6 Will Surprise You)
- As your final touch, add a personalized gift tag with the recipient’s name. You can also add a cute note wishing them a Merry Christmas. Voila! your Christmas hamper is ready for gifting.
The holidays are all about embracing the magic of the season and spending quality time with friends and family. We hope you are inspired to give differently this season. Be in the moment, cherish your loved ones and have a wonderful holiday filled with joy and laughter.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.