The fifth season of ARISE Fashion Week will commence with The ARISE Talks at The Lagos Continental Hotel on Friday, 19th April and Saturday, 20th April. The talks will host a panel of experts and designers as they give the audience an insight into the African fashion industry.
Take a look at the schedule for the ARISE Talks.
ARISE Talks 1 – The Business of Fashion: Exploring all facets of the emerging markets in Africa
Host: Lola Ogunnaike, Journalist
- Barbara James, Founder and CEO Henshaw Capital Partner
- Reni Folawiyo, CEO Alara
- Funsho Olusanya, ED FSDH
- Naomi Campbell, supermodel and activist
ARISE Talks 2 – From Retail to Expert: Building a sustainable market
Host: Segun Awolowo, CEO Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC)
- Okechukwu Enelama, Minister of Trade and Investment
- Barbara Barungi, MD Imara Africa Consulting
- Ituen Bassey, CEO Ituen Basi
ARISE Talks – The Essence of Design and Textiles: The Preservation, Protection and Advancement of the Craftmanship
Host: Olivia Singer, Executive Fashion News Editor of British Vogue
- Niyi Okuboyejo, Designer Post Imperial
- Eniola Dawodu, Costume Designer
- Adeola Bali, MD Garment Care
- Liya Kebede, Model and activist
In Conversation with Andre Leon Talley, Former American editor-at-large of Vogue Magazine
Film screening: Documentary on Andre Leon Talley.