From 2010 to the year 2019, we saw various hit songs across all genres. As we end this decade and begin another, various music critics and organisations have taken a look at some of the songs that shaped the 2010s.
This time around, Mesfin Fedaku, the music editor of Associated Press, has released a list of the top 25 songs of the decade. Interestingly, Nigerian music sensation Davido made the cut at number 23.
The list, dominated by foreign superstar musicians, has the likes of Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Lady Gaga, Kelly Rowland, and Adele among others.
Headies Music Awards 2019: Full list of winners
Amazon Music app makes smartwatch debut
Did you know Dubstep music could protect you against mosquito bites?
You can listen to it below on Deezer.
Check out the full list of the top 25 songs of the decade below:
- Robyn, “Dancing on My Own”
- Kelly Rowland featuring Lil Wayne, “Motivation”
- Alabama Shakes, “Gimme All Your Love”
- Drake, “Passionfruit”
- Disclosure featuring Sam Smith, “Latch”
- Jay-Z and Kanye West, “N*ggas In Paris”
- Adele, “Someone Like You”
- CeeLo Green, “Fvck You”
- Gotye featuring Kimbra, “Somebody That I Used to Know”
- Beyoncé, “Run the World (Girls)”
- Lady Gaga, “Alejandro”
- Charlie Wilson, “I’m Blessed
- Justin Timberlake, “Strawberry Bubblegum”
- Diplo, Skrillex and Justin Bieber, “Where Are Ü Now”
- Nio García, Darell and Casper Mágico featuring Bad Bunny, Nicky Jam and Ozuna, “Te Boté Remix”
- H.E.R. and Daniel Caesar, “Best Part”
- SZA, “The Weekend”
- Frank Ocean, “Thinkin About You”
- Miley Cyrus, “Wrecking Ball”
- La Roux: “I’m Not Your Toy”
- Sufjan Stevens, “Mystery of Love”
- Andra Day, “Rise Up”
- Davido, “Fall”
- Jessie Ware, “Champagne Kisses”
- Willow Smith, “Whip My Hair”
Make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.