Apple has released iOS 15.5, its latest operating system version, and it promises new features and bug fixes. Expectedly, the OS will be the link between 15 and 16, slated for later this year.
The iOS update comes with several other software updates, including iPadOS 15.5, watchOS 8.6, macOS Monterey 12.4, macOS Big Sur 11.6.6, Security Update 2022-004 Catalina, Xcode 13.4, and tvOS 15.5.
iOS 15.5 will be usable only on iPhone 6s and later. Also, although there is the temptation to update to the latest OS as soon as it is announced, it will be wise to wait a bit for users and developers to test it out. As Apple points out, “after a software update is installed for iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, and watchOS, it cannot be downgraded to the previous version.”
– Scientists grow plant on Moon soil for the first time ever
– US government warns companies against using AI recruitment tools
– How To Delete Your App From The Apple App Store.
Thus, unless it is an emergency update to stop a malicious hacking campaign, there should be no rush in jumping on the latest iOS. Additionally, while it was rolled out on 16 May 2022, the new iOS could take a while to reach every corner of the world.
However, and with that said, the iOS 15.5 brings several cool features like:
- Apple Wallet now enabling Apple Cash customers to send and request money from their Apple Cash card
- Apple Podcasts including a new setting to limit episodes stored on your iPhone and automatically delete older ones
- Fixing a bug that could make the home automations responsible for alerting users of arriving or leaving people fail.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at email@example.com and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.