Gone are the days where all the girls wore pink Cinderella-style dresses. Boys, also, don’t want to be in regular shorts and shirts anymore. Okay, maybe they actually do because they don’t care as long as they can play in the sand and run around without restrictions. However, you know better. Your kids would look so adorable in unique Ankara styles.
What’s better is the fact that your reference points are from kids like yours. These children have redefined the cliche of dressing kids. Now, you can see that you can manipulate the colours, shapes and sizes to your taste. Hence, you can spend quality time with them taking measurements and choosing funny styles. You probably wouldn’t approve of all the styles they choose. After all, you don’t want to get the “What’s your child wearing?” stare, do you?
Now, feast your eyes on these adorable Ankara style inspirations, and get ready to style your child the African way.
Kids’ Ankara style inspiration
There are several ways you can manipulate an Ankara to suit your style preference.
1. The two-piece Ankara style
2. An agbada for the young man please. Why not? It’s cute
3. A step dress that’s a smart take on the modern chic style
4. Still on the agbada matter
5. Adding your Ankara in little details instead of the overall look
6. Give him a complete cultural-themed makeover.
7. A two-piece Ankara style, but with a casual take on it
8. A casual take on the Ankara concept can turn your casual bore into a stylish look
9. Make a princess statement while still going African themed
10. You do it with your shirts, so why not him? Let the young man feel grown a little bit
11. A girl loves her pink, so why not create an edge with this fashion pick.
12. Go full length but with an edge. Make the skin tone of your child pop with the right colour choice.