- OpenAI has launched the fourth generation of its GPT models, called GPT-4, which builds upon the capabilities of GPT-3 and GPT-3.5.
- The new model is more reliable, creative and capable of handling more nuanced instructions than its predecessors.
- See key differences as the AI rolls out for only available to paying subscribers of ChatGPT PLUS.
OpenAI has announced the fourth generation of its Generative pre-trained transformers (GPT) models called GPT-4. It builds on the previous version, GPT-3 and GPT-3.5, which powered the viral chatbot ChatGPT.
While the new software is built on the same technology, to predict the next token based on a pretrained dataset, it goes beyond what the earlier models were capable of, here are some of the key differences.
–T-Mobile Buys Ryan Reynolds’ Mint Mobile For $1.35B
–Nigerian Fintech Chipper Cash Considers Selling Business
–How To Pre-Order OPPO Reno8 T 5G In Nigeria.
5 Differences Between GPT-4 And GPT-3.5 (ChatGPT)
1. In terms of capabilities, GPT-4 is said to be more reliable, creative, and able to handle more nuanced instructions than ChatGPT or GPT-3.5, according to an OpenAI research publication. The new model is able to perform better in simulating exams that were designed for humans.
2. Then, there is the fact that it can accept prompt in text and image formats, making it easier for users to specify their task.
3. With support for steerability, developers can describe directions in the AI’s system message to prescribe its style. This makes the software customisable and allows for avoiding the typical verbosity that ChatGPT is known for.
4. Also, it is no longer limited to only English as it comes with support for about 26 languages with more being designed at the company.
5. There is better protection from prompt attacks and tricks that could lead it to divulge dangerous information. The makers claim that they adopted actions like selection and filtering of the pretraining data, evaluations and expert engagement, model safety improvements, and monitoring and enforcement, to make it safer.
|Modality||Text-only||Multimodal (text and images)|
|Trickability||Can be easily tricked by malicious prompts||Harder to trick due to training on such prompts|
|Memory capacity||Maximum token count of 4,096 tokens (~8,000 words)||Maximum token count of 32,768 tokens (~64,000 words)|
|Multilingual capabilities||Limited to English||Capable of answering multiple-choice questions accurately in 26 languages|
|Personalities||Fixed verbosity, tone, and style||Can be steered to change its personality within bounds|
However, GPT-4 is far from the ultimate AI generator because it still has some limitations. For one, it is not fully reliable and can still succumb to hallucination or give wrong facts. An issue that is more prominent in older versions.
For now, GPT-4 is only available to paying subscribers using ChatGPT PLUS. OpenAI says that it will allow free users get limited access to it in the future.
For your daily dose of tech, lifestyle, and trending content, make sure to follow Plat4om on Twitter @Plat4omLive, on Instagram @Plat4om, on LinkedIn at Plat4om, and on Facebook at Plat4om. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our channel on Telegram at Plat4om. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.