Getting children to talk during a conversation may seem like the easiest job until they grow older. At that point, they start drifting away from you and into the arms of friends and frenemies. It becomes harder to get them to share when you don’t know how. Honestly, you can scrap all the ‘knowing you’ questions by actually asking some that would help you know them better.
Using fun questions, it’s easier for you to get them talking while you listen. Another advantage to fun questions is that you also get a good laugh while you’re at it. They sure are one hilarious breed.
Go through the questions in the video below with your child and listen in on their responses. You will surely get a good rib-cracking laugh from these 30 fun conversation starters.
30 fun conversation starters to help you know your children better
1. If you had a million naira, what would you do with it?
2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
3. Describe yourself in one word.
4. What’s your favourite book?
5. Would you rather have a clown nose or a clown wig?
6. If you had to give all of your toys away, who would you give them to?
7. What’s your favourite meal?
8. Would you rather drink milk or water with every meal?
9. If you had one super power- what would it be?
10. If you could pick your own name, what would it be?
11. Would you rather eat cake or ice cream?
12. Who is your best friend and why?
13. If you were President, what would you do first?
14. What do you like best about your sister? Brother?
15. If you had to eat a worm, how would you cook it?
16. What’s the hardest part about growing up?
17. What’s the best thing about growing up?
18. What do you like most about school?
19. What do you like least about school?
20. Would you rather eat dinner n***d or take a shower with your clothes on?
21. If you could eat one food every day, what would it be?
22. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
23. If you could be any animal for a day, what would you be?
24. If you could make your own movie, what would you call it?
25. If you could trade places with your parents for a day, what would you do differently?
26. Would you rather be invisible or walk through walls?
27. Would you rather be inside all day or outside all day?
28. Would you rather walk on your hands everywhere or roll everywhere?
29. Would you rather eat only pizza or only hotdogs for a month?
30. Would you rather go back in time or into the future?