There are things about your body you wish you never knew. For instance, the average person has 67 different species of bacteria in their belly button! Too much information? Well, we’ve got much more where that came from. Find out 15 wonderful things about your body you either know or wish you never knew.
20 amazing facts about your body
1. Babies are born without kneecaps. They appear between the ages of 2 and 6.
2. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
3. Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
4. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. Also, if you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.
5. Women blink nearly twice as often as men.
6. The longest bout of hiccups lasted nearly 69 years.
7. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
8. The average person has 67 different species of bacteria in their belly button.
9. You lose about four kilograms of skin cells every year!
10. Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
11. Men can read smaller print than women. Women can hear better.
12. The cornea is the only part of the body with no blood supply. It gets its oxygen directly from the air.
13. Your mouth produces about one litre of saliva each day.
14. It is physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.
15. Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick their elbow.
16. Your left lung is about 10% smaller than your right one.
17. Human teeth are just as strong as shark teeth.
18. A kiss stimulates 29 muscles and chemicals that cause relaxation. Women seem to like light and frequent kisses while men like them more strenuous.
19. In cases of extreme starvation, the brain will begin to eat itself.
20. When listening to music, your heartbeat will sync with the rhythm.
For more amazing facts, click HERE.